Thanks to Jeremy at GoodAsYou for sharing this shocking story. I am once again shocked at the hypocrisy of someone spewing bigotry in the name of “Christianity”.
After Joianne Fraschilla posted on Facebook how she was saddened that Whitebriar Bed & Breakfast of Edgewater, NJ was promoting anti-LGBT through their yard marquee she received the following response from the proprietress.
“Isn’t it wonderful Joanne Fraschilla, that you and your son can enjoy the animals here because I have a traditional marriage with a husband who works with me 90 hours a week to take care of these animals, and the summer camp….we’re 66-68 years old….there were no gays or queers in our time…..if two old ladies chose to live together..so be it, let them deal with God when they get there…but to have the “face sucking” thrown in my face of two gay lesbians who are totally destroying the “normal balance in a child’s life” as you claim your son…where is the role model that your son needs to know how to act like a man? or will he only see the “one sided selfishness” of a “single parent”…and end up an out cast in society by being “gay” himself because he didn’t have a father as a role model. I’ll pray for you….remember what the bible says: “Lay down with dogs, get up with fleas”…..guess that’s why God invented aids….THIS LOCAL BUSINESS WILL BE ONE MAN ONE WOMAN ONE GOD MAKES MARRIAGE….AND PROUD TO DO SO….YOU SHOULD BE SO LUCKY TO OWN YOUR OWN BUSINESS”
My thoughts/questions for Mrs. Carole Moore, Proprietress:
- There were gays in her time. There have always been LGBT people. She was simply blind to the fact that we were around.
- Who is “face sucking” in front of her? I agree, that is tacky. It is also tacky, no, redundant, to say “gay lesbians”. Isn’t that like a double negative? Wouldn’t a gay lesbian thereby be a straight woman?
- Why is “normal balance in a child’s life” in quotes? Is she aware of the irony in her own inability to foster a well-balanced upbringing, so she feels guilty and must use quotation marks? I’m not accusing… just questioning.
- Where in the bible does is say, “Lay down with dog, get up with fleas”? It doesn’t. The phrase, “Chi va dormir con i cani, si leua con i pulici. (Translated from Latin: He that goeth to bedde wyth Dogges, aryseth with fleas.)” was first noted in J. Sanforde’s 1573 Garden of Pleasure… not the Bible.
- Are you suggesting God invent aids [sic] to prevent people from getting fleas? If so, there were plenty of alternative treatments he couldn’t have come up with, all of which would have worked far better and been less troublesome.
I encourage you to contact her. According to the About page on their website, you can call her anytime on her cell phone at (609) 433-7978 or (609) 433-7979 or after 7pm at home (609) 871-3859 to discuss making a reservation aftershe apologizes to Ms. Fraschilla.
Or, if writing is more your speed, you can send a letter to:
Mrs. Carole Moore
Whitebriar Bed & Breakfast
1029 Cooper Street
Edgewater Park, NJ 08010
Or by email to: